Writing a good resume is very important as it decides your place in a certain organization. You should keep in mind the points you need to mention while creating your resume. It should comprise of the correct resume rules and trends and enhance your impression before the interviewer.
We have mentioned 8 resume writing tips in this article that one can follow while creating a resume.
Mention only the relevant information
- Do not put up the work experience of every institution you have worked at in your resume. Only mention the skills and experience which are desired by the institution you are aiming to join.
Put your best skills at the top
- The interviewer forms an impression of you by going through the very first few lines. Make sure you have mentioned your best stuffs and experiences on the top. This will help you strengthen your chances to get the job you have an eye at.
Follow a chronological order
- Do not forget to put your work experience in a sequential manner. Write everything according to the chronological order of the years. The resume looks well arranged in this way.
Keep the resume simple yet impressive
- Do not use heavy sounding words in your resume to explain your skills and objective. Choose simple, familiar words that can easily convey the exact meaning to the person going through your resume.
Include recent information
- Write about your recent work experience only which includes 10-12 years of working. Also, state only that information which is relevant to the positions you are applying for. Do not throng your resume with irrelevant job experiences.
Follow reverse chronology
- Mention your work experience in a reverse chronological manner i.e. mention your recent years of work experience first and after that write about your past institutions you worked at.
Do not be too specific
- Make sure you are not too precise with the information you are providing. For example, if you are mentioning about your graduation year, do not mention the exact date or your GPA score. Simply mention the year of graduation and your percentage or division.
Make the organization’s need your skill
- Go through the skills that the company is looking for in their employee. Mention those skills in your resume and prioritize them. This will grab the attention of the hiring manager and boost up your chances of getting selected.
- Keeping these tips in mind can certainly help you write a god resume and get your dream job.